Energyextra is a partnership of nine Housing Associations and Local Authorities. It was set up in May 2000 to give tenants easy access to cheaper gas and electricity.
As well as providing cheaper gas and electricity, Energyextra also provides a whole range of additional services, all aimed at reducing the amount of money you spend on energy and increasing the household income.
Energyextra is a partnership of nine Housing Associations and Local Authorities.
Energyextra was formed in May 2000 and was originally known as The Black Country Energy Services Club. Following the decision to open up new membership countrywide, the name was changed to Energyextra.
Since then over 50,000 members have been able to take advantage of the benefits and services available to Energyextra members.
The aim behind setting up the organisation was to offer a quick and easy way to save money on gas and electricity bills, and develop a range of additional services, combining to offer common sense advice to reduce energy consumption in the home.
The company is managed by a board of directors, who represent the original partners, and meet on a regular basis. There are also regular meetings of staff from all partners, to discuss future developments and ways of maintaining the high level of service.
Since 2000, Energyextra has helped over 50,000 customers take advantage of our service in order to make savings on their utility bills and learn how to use their heating systems more efficiently.
Here are what some of our customers had to say about their experience:
- “I think the person that came out to my address was really helpful and explained a lot to me. I want to say thank you so much”
- “I couldn’t have welcomed a more professional and understanding person into my home”
- “Very informative, friendly – applied for loft insulation through council on our behalf. Very happy with the visit”
- “Brilliant service, understanding helpful and patient”
- “Very prompt, happy to co-operate with appointment time. Very pleasant, helpful, understanding and informative. Thank you”
- “Excellent, well explained”
- “Everything I needed to know was very well explained”
- “We could not suggest any improvements with your service. Your staff have the best customer care and customer service we have seen for a long time.”